Explore some of the key events that have already occurred in commemoration of the First World War.
- Riverfire pop-up exhibition 2016—a pop-up exhibition showcasing Queensland Anzac Centenary grant recipients and First World War activities and entertainment for children.
- 100th anniversary of the Western Front commemorations—a wreath laying ceremony at the Shrine of Remembrance, Brisbane, commemorating Australian involvement in the Western Front campaign.
- The March of the Dungarees—the 100th anniversary was commemorated with a series of events held across South East Queensland.
- The Gallipoli Symphony—the Australian premiere held in Brisbane was a specular musical and visual tribute commemorating the 1915 Gallipoli campaign.
- Queensland Music Festival, One Hundred and One Years—a free concert series held in Townsville and Brisbane commemorating a century of service through enchanting music and imagery.
- Anzac Day 2015—see how we commemorated the centenary of the landings at Gallipoli.
- 5 August 2014 commemorations—remembering 5 August 1914, through a reading from Hansard followed by a ceremony on Parliament’s Speakers Green.
- 1st Australian Imperial Force (1st AIF) commemorations—a pop up exhibition of life as a soldier in the First World War plus a commemorative horse ride by the Australian Light Horse Association through the streets of Brisbane.
- Defending the Pacific 100 years ago—an exhibition to showcase the contribution of North Queenslanders to the war effort through the Australian Naval and Military Expeditionary Force (AN&MEF).